Friday, February 4, 2011

9:52 pm is staying up late?

I feel like an old lady!

OK, not really, but this really is late for me lately :-)

I think I am going to have to give in to the fruity-ness. Unless I can find dirt on the credentials of the guy whose talk about neurobiology I watched today, I am going to have to practice the "positive self talk" they have been pushing on me for weeks now. It sounds like such gobbledygook hippy crap. But then this doctor explains how new neuropathways have to be built and the body's instinctive refusal to allow these new pathways has to be fought.

I am trying to remind myself that Christianity is thought of by some as gobbledygook hippy crap. A God who loves unconditionally? A God who sacrifices his only Son to save our sorry sinning selves? A book that tells us exactly how to live our lives in order to be happy? Perfect happiness for all eternity just for believing all this? It sounds pretty feel good, way too easy too.

The one thing I like about what this guy was saying is that it involves tapping into the endlessly, amazingly intricate aspects of God's creation in order to leave the darkness behind and again live in the light.

We shall see but.....I am hopeful.

It is amazingly good to type that and mean it.

God Bless all who read this.

No comments:

Post a Comment